Thursday, December 21, 2023

Winter solstice

Winter solstice: The symbolic death and rebirth of the sun 

Finding the beauty in the season.

The cold, dark, isolated days of this season has brought me anything but joy over the years.  It was once recommended that I may struggled with SAD (seasonal affective disorder) and light therapy might help me feel better.  I can get that down…

This year I see the season through a different lens…through a lens of gratitude.  

I find gratitude for the ‘forced’ slowdown.  Days when it’s just too cold to want to leave the house.  

What winter solstice looks to me now is:

  • Snuggly blankets
  • Extended journaling sessions
  • Sweaters and hoodies
  • Fuzzy Hats
  • Cold, crisp winter air
  • A quieter and more peaceful feeling to the outside world
  • Sledding
  • Snow
  • Bubble baths
  • Hot cocoa!!!  
  • All things Christmas 💕
As my perspective on this season changes, I find great joy in this time of year.  
Winter solstice…I’m grateful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WOTY

Resilience   Psychologists define resilience as the process of adapting well in the face of adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats, or signific...