Thursday, December 21, 2023

Over again


On my weekly indoor stair climbing routine, I find the prompting for this journal topic today…

As I struggle to pick my feet up, and find myself covered in sweat, I continue going up.  My lungs desperately seek the replenishment of oxygen as my brain lights up with the increase in blood flow.  

I am listening to Mike Shinoda sing the words to the song ‘Over again’, and I think of the hang ups, events, things and people I have said goodbye to over the years.

I realize that there’s a part of me that ‘holds’ on, even though I have said goodbye.  Today, I find peace in the awareness that sometimes we need to say goodbye over, and over again. 

Holding on feels like a safe place to stay, but in reality the goodbye is where peace is found.  With the closure comes an open door for a new opportunity.   So, without judgment, I allow myself to say goodbye over and over again until peace is restored.  

This is MY journey and I’m so in love with it!  ðŸ’•

No comments:

Post a Comment

WOTY

Resilience   Psychologists define resilience as the process of adapting well in the face of adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats, or signific...