Sunday, December 10, 2023

A willingness to look within

I am grateful for my willingness to look within.  
To examine past experiences that have left me feeling unlovable and apply new skills to find solutions.
I had parents who loved me, this I have never questioned.  Even so, they are mere mortal humans and along the way I did not receive the securement I needed to feel ok in my own skin. 

As I get older I find myself struggling with the concept of 'being alone'.  Deep down I have the perspective that if I face plant, I won't be ok.  I won't have anyone to help me up.  Today I have a new truth.  

What I know:
  • I am very capable of provided a fun and fulfilling life
  • I am loved by many
  • I have support
  • I can provide for my family
  • I have made it through many hard trials and come out on top. 
  • I am proud of the woman I am today and this is the result of the beautiful and complex combination of trials and wins throughout my life.  
  • It's a beautiful life
I was prompted by a few close people in my life to create some goals for myself.  I closed my eyes and meditated on the idea of me, and me alone.  What would I do without needing anything from anyone else to feel completely and ridiculously happy?
I made a list, and as I did I envisioned myself doing each thing and having the best time at it.  Then I typed the list up and printed it out onto a poster to hang on my wall.  
Each morning now I wake up and look at my list and I feel excited for opportunities to check items off!

Before I can truly pour into loving others, I must first be able to look within and love what I see.  

This has me thinking of my WOTY... and I want it to be a year that I pour love and attention into the most important thing to me right now....ME.  
Self-nuturing:
making myself feel worthy, loved and celebrating my uniqueness just the way I am.  

I desire:
To love myself like I am the last human left on this planet
To show myself self respect 
To show myself compassion
To love myself exactly as I need 
It is enough to be cared for by myself

I envision the falling of leaves from the trees.  Each leave twisting and turning as it makes its way to the ground below.  Bringing with it words of comfort, encouragement, and validation.  This is my tree of life.  

As a result of my willingness to look within when I get to the place of peace I am seeking I know that it is a result of laying old demons to rest and finding peace.  I can heal my life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

WOTY

Resilience   Psychologists define resilience as the process of adapting well in the face of adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats, or signific...